Carlitos Lunghi Site
The obelisk of Dogali on 9,25 meters and weight unknown
in the original location in the temple of Sun in Heliopolis by RAMSES II
since the year 1300 B.C..
It´s now like the obelisk of Terme, and it´s the twin of the obelisk
In june 20, 1883 was found near the church of Santa Maria Sopra
Minerva and stopped 4 years late, in june 5, 1887 as opposed to the
gardens to the Rome Terminal Station, in presence of the king, the queen
and the nobility.
It was moved to the present location in 1925, in Terme.
The pedestal has new recruit them name of the Italian soldiers who died
in the battle of Dogali (Ethyopia) in January of 1887.
In the pyramidon there are a winged beetle with a solar disk and two
cartridge of RAMSES II.
In may 9, 1937 in a public ceremony was placed at the foot of the obelisk
a bronze representation of the Lion of Judah,the emblem of the Ethiopian
monarchy, dedicated to the emperator Menelik II, during the days of the
liberation of Italy by allied troops in Word War II, the bronce lion
Actuals views of the obelisk of Terme - Rome, Italy.
The History of the Egyptian Obelisk